DELFERA Heater Tune Up
Our precision tune up is one of our most important jobs. A tune up is vital to keeping your system running at its optimal performance. This preventative maintenance measure provides peace of mind that a breakdown will not incur.
The importance ranges from your health and safety, to your money and your time.
* Provides safety and comfort for you and your family throughout the season.
* Helps to prevent breakdowns.
* Prevents the development of hazardous conditions.
* Ensures your system is operating at its peak efficiency.
* Reduces you monthly heating bills.
* Maximizes the lifespan of your equipment.
* Detect carbon monoxide leaks.
* Ensures the validity of your current manufactures warranty.
Call Anytime 610-566-0900
DELFERA Complete Precision Heater Tune-Up and Safety Inspection
- Check Thermostat – To ensure operation of system upon arrival.
- Check Heat Anticipator – Located in the thermostat and ensures the furnace will supply heat when necessary.
- Check operation of heating elements – To be sure all elements sequence on and off properly.
- Clean and replace (standard) filter – A dirty or plugged filter can reduce airflow and make your unit work harder. Saves money on energy bills. We recommend checking every month and replacing when dirty.
- Clean and inspect Burners – for more efficient burning.
- Check and adjust Blower – Proper adjustment and cleanliness of blower and components are necessary for adequate airflow. Avoids costly service call, saves money on fuel cost.
- Clean Drain Line – clears debris/blockage and prevents system failure.
- Clean and Adjust Pilot Assembly – To ensure smooth ignition, pilot lights and burners are observed for proper burning, color of flame, and ensures reliable operation.
- Test Thermocouple Operation– for proper burn and prevents costly emergency service.
- Clean and Inspect Heat Exchanger – Clean and vacuuming soot and debris from vestibule of heat exchanger ensures safe and reliable operation. Heat exchangers can develop cracks with age, leading to exposure from deadly carbon monoxide.
- Lubricate motor, if applicable – Extends motor and bearing life and prevents failure and costly repairs.
- Properly Secure Door – Ensures proper operation.
- Inspect Flue Pipe, Chimney Base, and Draft – Ensures safe operation. Flue pipe corrosion can lead to carbon monoxide fumes and can be dangerous.
- Calibrate Thermostat –An improperly calibrated thermostat can cause your system to run longer.
- Check all Electrical Connections – Loose wiring connections can cause improper voltage to various components, causing the system to shut down. May also risk sparking or starting of fire in the unit. Extends equipment life, assures safety.
- Check All Safety Controls – the High Limit Control is the principle control in the furnace and prevents overheating and possible damage to the unit and the structure it is located in. (i.e. your house).
- Check Manifold Gas Pressure – Proper pressure is required to control fuel input to the furnace burners. Natural Gas @ 3.5 WCI, Propane @ 11 WCI.
- Check for Natural Gas Leaks – To prevent possible fires and other safety issues.
- Verify and record amp draw on motors.
- Check Ignition Transformer (oil) – If the transformer is weak, you might have improper ignition.
- Check Flame Detector (oil) – Prevents annoying lockouts.
- Check Draft Test (oil) – Insures proper draft across heat exchanger insuring maximum efficiency.
- Perform Smoke Test (oil) – Insures proper burn leading to maximum efficiency.
- Inspect Combustion Chamber (oil) – Saves money on fuel bills and promotes safety.
- Check Oil Filter (oil) – Insures clean oil in system insuring proper burn.
- Check Nozzle (oil) – A worn nozzle will operate inefficiently and prevents costly repairs.
- Check Electrodes (oil) – Insures proper ignition.
- Check temperature rise across heat exchanger – Ensures optimal comfort, increases equipment life, and ensure ductwork is properly sized for equipment.
- Check for Combustible Materials – When storing paints, paint thinners, car and home cleaning supplies, etc.…. near a heating system it creates a hazardous situation in your home.
- Carbon Monoxide Test – Peace of mind against toxic fumes.
- Explanation of tune-up – Explanation of work performed in tune-up and results.
- Advise improvements as needed – Informs customer of any potential need for repair or replacement.
Call Anytime 610-566-0900