Air Conditioning Tune-Ups
Our precision tune up is one of our most important jobs. A tune up is necessary to keeping your system running at its optimal performance. This preventive maintenance action provides peace of mind that a breakdown will not incur.
The importance of routine maintenance:
* Provides safety and comfort for you and your family throughout the season.
* Helps to prevent breakdowns.
* Ensures your system is operating at its peak efficiency.
* Reduces you monthly cooling bills.
* Maximizes the lifespan of your equipment.
* Ensures the validity of your current manufactures warranty.
Take care of your home comfort system and it will take care of you!
Call Anytime 610-566-0900
DELFERA Complete Precision Air Conditioning Tune-Up
- Check starting capabilities and thermostat settings and record– Assures system is operational.
- Replace or clean (standard) air filter, record size – Clogged air filters can increase your energy bill as much as 50%.
- Check indoor blower assembly – Dirty blowers reduce airflow; decrease comfort, and will fail prematurely.
- Check crankcase heater current draw (if one is present)
- Lubricate all moving parts in older units– With out proper lubrication, moving parts use excess energy and will fail prematurely
- Test and record voltages and amperages at indoor and outdoor fan motor. – Improper voltage will cause electrical failures. High amperage is an indication of a system problem.
- Evaluate indoor cooling coil (if accessible) – Dirty coils can reduce efficiency and can damage the compressor.
- Clean condensate drain pan and traps – Clogged drain line and cracked pan can cause expensive water damage to your home and equipment. Stagnant water in a dark system is the perfect place for molds and fungi to grow.
- Test and examine safety and operating controls –Your system is designed to shut off if an unsafe condition develops. For your health and safety these controls should be checked and serviced regularly. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear and damage
- Inspect and adjust belts (if present) – This reduces blower noise and vibrations adding to the comfort and life of your system
- Inspect duct work, note any problems or concerns.
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections – Many motor and compressors fail every year due to loose wiring connections and pitted contactors. Prevents service call and sudden breakdowns.
- Inspect and test capacitors – Weak capacitors use more power and increase electric bills
- Evaluate and oil condenser fan motor bearings if necessary – increases the life of the bearings –heat pump outdoor motor bearings only oil 1x a year if necessary.
- Inspect Fan Motor and Blades – Confirm no damage or wear or vibration exists.
- Check condenser coil – A dirty condenser coil can raise refrigerant levels and reduce your air conditioners capacity and efficiency by 50%.
- Visually inspect coils and copper tubing for signs freon leaks.
- Examine and tighten electrical fittings on condenser disconnect.
- Monitor refrigerant charge with air conditioner running – allows time to get proper readings.
- Measure high and low side system operating pressures – improper refrigerant charge can decrease the systems cooling capacity.
- Explanation of tune-up – Explanation of work performed in tune-up and results.
- Advise improvements as needed – Informs customer of any potential need for repair or replacement.